Sunday, March 14, 2010

25 Random Things About Me

This was originally posted as a note on Facebook in January, 2009. Thought it needed to be on my Blog. It gives a little more insight into who I am.

1. I have been married 43 years to the most wonderful husband in the world. We dated for three months, got engaged and got married three months later.
2. I have a beautiful daughter named Kim who outside of her three rather major wrecks never gave us cause to worry.
3. I have a son-in-law named Richie who is a wonderful husband to my daughter and a great father to my grandchildren.
4. I have the most brilliant, beautiful, and talented grandchildren in the world, Lauren who is 12 and Luke who is 9.
5. I love singing with my daughter, but we're pretty traditional so we don't get the opportunity to sing together much anymore.
6. I've had some interesting jobs including positions with Nintendo, Hersheys, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
7. I have been on the opposite side of the country.....Pattaya, Thailand.
8. I was once kissed by Duncan Renaldo, who was better known as The Cisco Kid.
9. I had to be on crutches for the first time in my life at age 60....not fun!
10. I loved playing softball, but played so hard that I was a frequent ER visitor. And, I still have a dent in my shin put there by Ann Pollard when she hit a line drive that found its way to my leg. And, it found it in a hurry. That was one of my visits to the ER.....thought my leg was broken.
11. I love to read, but don't care much for fiction.
12. I can't sew a lick.
13. I am blessed with wonderful friends.
14. I have an "older" sister (she hates for me to say that) and a younger brother.
15. When it comes to driving, I tend to have a lead foot, but only one speeding ticket in my life. And I'm not a very patient driver.
16. I once punched a very tall man in the kidney at Disney World.
17. As a child, I set a whole lot of yards on fire when I walked to the store carrying some new sparklers....guess it was the dry season. When I was on my way home, people were out in their yards wondering how the fires started.
18. My mother died when I was a year old so I never knew her, but her pictures were beautiful. And, it would appear I may have some of her personality.
19. Growing up I spent every weekend with my mother's first cousin and she was a very important part of my life along with her daughter Joan.
20. My favorite vacation spots are Myrtle Beach, S.C. and Disney World.
21. My favorite movie is The Sound of Music. I saw it 17 times while it was still in the theaters. Every time I had a new date I told him I had heard it was good so we went to see it. Kim and I can pretty much quote the whole movie verbatim.
22. I love to dance, but don't tell anyone 'cause I'm Baptist, you know.
23. I love public speaking....go figure!
24. I played clarinet in the band.
25. My best friend calls me "Doody" which is short for Doodyhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment