Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wall Street Grill

In response to so many questions regarding my niece's restaurant in Humboldt, I thought I would add a note about the Wall Street Grill. It's located at 2721 N. Central Avenue, Humboldt, TN right across the highway from the new Walmart. Their phone number is 731-784-1214. The owners are Georgios and Paula Peftoulidis. They bought the Grill 14 years ago which was previously located in a shopping center. In November of 2008, they opened the new freestanding restaurant.

They have great food at good prices. I've never had anything that I didn't like. My grandkids love their spaghetti, my son-in-law is partial to their catfish among other things. Kim had the chef salad last week while I had the grilled salmon. It was the best I've ever had. They use top quality beef so their steaks are the best. Chicken dishes are awesome. They have everything from reuben sandwiches and gyros (George is Greek) to the traditional Southern foods, sandwich melts and full dinners. Fries are Idaho spuds hand-cut and served spiced (and you get large portions of them). Burgers are formed by hand and never have been frozen. The prime rib is slow cooked. Soups, chili and spaghetti sauce are homemade as are several dressings, some of which are low-fat. Desserts are homemade. You've just got to try the Reese's Peanut Butter Explosion. Taffy Apple Pie is a deep pie with caramel bits baked inside and a topping of caramel and chopped peanuts. The key lime pie is great, too. There are so many other items from which to choose so I haven't tried them all yet. And, one more thing, for vegetarians like myself, there's the vegetarian melt....so good.

George and Paula designed the restaurant themselves while Paula and a friend decorated it. They have movie posters, historic Humboldt photos, and even have some family pictures thrown in. But, come to think of it....I don't believe I remember seeing a picture of me!

So, when you're hungry for a great meal and don't want to drive to Memphis or Nashville, hop on over to the Wall Street Grill in Humboldt.....be sure to tell them Aunt Barbara sent you!

NOTE: The above is something I wrote in February, 2009 as a note on my Facebook page. Since that time the Wall Street Grill has added so many more items to their already wonderful menu. They now have pizza, stromboli, and baked ziti all made with homemade dough. They've also added a good many more dessert dishes. If you haven't been there yet, make a trip to the Grill a priority; you won't be sorry you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment